Genuine Reactions: a dialogue on homophobia and transphobia
Amate Performance) created a performance/dialogue based on true stories of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and trans people, as well as parents and educators. Our goal was to ponder these questions, using theater and dialogue. To discuss together about how homophobia and transphobia marginalize people, and create pain regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
The first part is a theatrical performance (60 minutes) which is based on true stories of lgbtq people, family members and teachers. The second part is a group process/dialogue with the workshop participants (duration 60 minutes) aiming towards a deeper understanding of the various points of view, feelings and experiences concerning the issue as they appear in interactions and to encourage relationship between all sides.
Action planning and Theater Play design: Lena Aslanidou, Alexandra Vassiliou, Vera Lardi
Directed by: Vera Lardi
Choreography: Vassilis Skarmoutsos
Actors: Lena Aslanidou, Adigoni Avierinou, Giannos Iliades, Nopi Kechaoglou, Vassiliki Lakou, Vera Lardi, Stefanos Papathanasiou, Vassilis Skarmoutsos, Alexandra Vassiliou, Chryssi Vidalaki
Group Process Facilitators: Lena Aslanidou, MPW, Alexandra Vassiliou, Ph.D.
We thank Lily Vassiliou for her ongoing feedback during the action planning, Adigoni Gyra and Studio Kinitiras for the hospitality, Theater Vault for the hospitality, Marios Lolos for the photos, Christos Lardis for the technical support, to Magda Plevraki for the prop design.
Genuine Reactions on facebook
(photo Marios Lolos)
Genuine Reactions though the lens of photographer Marios Lolos
The "Genuine Reactions"performance dialogue has been presented:
- June 2014 - Processwork Hub (group of educators)
- July 2014 - 18th Athens Anti-racism Festival
- November 2014 - Kinitiras Studio (two performance/discussions for the open public)
- November 2014 - Journalists' Union of Athens Daily Newspapers (continuing education for journalists)
- December 2014 - 72nd Primary School Athens (educators and parents)
- February 2015 - ΚETHEA/ Diavasi (staff and members of the rehabilitation community)
- March 2015 - 14th High school Athens (educators)
- April 2015 - 76th Primary School Athens (educators and parents)
- May 2015 - Theater Vault / Social Work Action Network (social work students /school of Social Work in Athens)
- June 2015 - 20th Congress of the European Psychotherapy Association / "Gender and Psychotherapy" (mental health professionals)